The volunteers who work at Wicklow Animal Welfare dedicate their time to making sure the animals get the best care they can until they are adopted. Your donations help provide the care and veterinary work needed to prepare our rescues for their forever home.
If you are thinking of donating you have two options:
- PayPal (once-off or monthly donation)
- Text message, info below
You can text WAW to 50300 to donate €4. 100% of the text cost goes to Wicklow Animal Welfare. Some providers apply VAT, which means a minimum of €3.26 will go to Wicklow Animal Welfare. Service Provider: LIKECHARITY 014433890.
Wicklow Animal Welfare receives no government grants and we rely on the generosity of donations from the public or companies to keep us going.
Wicklow Animal Welfare is a registered charity (RCN – 20068943).
Adopting a dog is one of the kindest things any human can do. Pounds and rescues are full of beautiful, healthy dogs waiting for a home. The process is extremely simple:
- Follow our Instagram page (all adoptions are conducted through Instagram).
- When you see a suitable dog (make sure you read all requirements!), send a direct message to our Instagram page.
- Fill in the Adoption Form.
- Arrange a dog meet and greet.
- Take part in a home check
- Pay the adoption fee and make a donation to our rescue centre to cover vet bills
- Bring home your new family member!
Fostering a dog is also an easy process and allows the rescue centre room to house new arrivals when looking for homes for the dogs. If you are interested in fostering, please fill out our Fostering Form.